According to Planned Parenthood national average, the price of a 1st trimester medical or surgical abortion can range anywhere between $300 to $1,700,1 and late term abortions can be as high as $2000. Prices are determined by the date of your Last Menstrual Period (LMP), and the cost rises as your pregnancy progresses. Cost also depends on whether the procedure is performed by a private practice, clinic or hospital.
Within 9 Weeks after LMP
Medical Abortion: Mifepristone and Misoprostol $400-$500
Within 6-12 Weeks after LMP
Surgical Abortion: Suction or Vacuum Aspiration $460-$600
Within 12-21 Weeks after LMP
Surgical Abortion: Dilation and Curettage $300-$600
Surgical Abortion: Dilation and Evacuation $500-$2000
These costs can be even higher, depending on whether additional medical services or visits are necessary due to health issues like STI’s or natural complications. It’s important to know how far along you are to determine what procedure you’re a candidate for.
To determine the gestational age of your pregnancy and whether you have an STD, schedule a free 1-hour appointment with us today.
- Do Abortions Hurt?
- Feeling Pressured?
- Will an Abortion Hurt My Chances of Having Children in the Future?
- Does Abortion Have Emotional Risks?
- What to Expect After You Have an Abortion: Physical Effects
- After Your Abortion: Is This Normal?
- Planned Parenthood. (2011). In-Clinic Abortion Procedures. Retrieved from: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/abortion/in-clinic-abortion-procedures-4359.asp