Self Care During Pregnancy
It’s important that you make an extra effort to take care of your self and your body during pregnancy. Here are some helpful tips.
- Take prenatal vitamins with a meal
- Eat a healthy balanced diet
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water
- Do not try to lose weight during your pregnancy
- Get plenty of calcium through foods such as milk, cheese, yogurt, and fortified juices
- Get plenty of iron – meat is a good source of this (see your doctor for other choices if you are a vegetarian)
- To help manage nausea, eat small meals, keeping something in your stomach at all times. Make sure to stay hydrated. Nausea usually subsides after the first trimester.
- Avoid alcohol
- Try to quit smoking
- Get plenty of rest – naps can help
- Do not take any medications unless otherwise directed by your doctor