STD Testing & Treatment
We inform, you decide.
At Your Appointment
You will meet with a Nurse who will:
- Review the Reproductive Health Screening that you will be receiving.
- Review your health history and answer your medical questions.
- Depending on the tests you choose, draw some blood, take a genital swab and a urine sample to complete your STD screening.
- Examine your cultures in our in-house lab to provide immediate results and, if positive, provide you with the necessary treatment during your appointment.
- Review a Personal Resource List customized for you and provide any necessary medical referrals.
- Schedule another appointment for you to receive additional test results in one week.
We are able to diagnose and treat some STDs immediately. However, some of your lab tests will be sent to an independent off-site laboratory.
The STDs We Test For
We offer testing for the following STDs, and can offer treatment or referrals as necessary.
- Hepatitis B
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) 1 and 2
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Yeast Infection (Vaginal Candidiasis)
- Pediculosis Pubis
STD services are provided free of charge without co-pay for Medicaid-insured patients. If you are Medicaid-insured, please bring your Medicaid card with you. CompassCare is only able to accept Medicaid insurance at this time.
For those who are not Medicaid-insured, we ask for a voluntary $20 donation at the time service is provided to help cover our lab fees. Please ask us about applying a free voucher to your appointment if you are not able to make the donation.
Medically Reviewed By:
VP PATIENT SERVICES
KATHY M., BSN, RN